4th Grade 2019-2020
Welcome to Mrs. Ledvina’s 4th Grade Classroom website!
Here’s where you’ll find all things 4th Grade, including important news, homework procedures, and our wishlist.
Welcome back to another school year! Let’s get ready to Leave Your Mark in 4th Grade!
Student Planners & Binders: Students record homework in their planners daily. Parents/guardians, please make sure your are checking and signing your child’s planner each day after your child has completed all homework. Together look through the folders for homework, parent forms, corrected work, etc. Review these things together with your child and return any necessary items. Following is more information on some common weekly homework assignments your child will receive.
Math worksheets will be coming home on almost a daily basis. Please have your child complete the homework and return it to school the next school day. Students may get an opportunity to correct mistakes they have made. Corrected mistakes will receive partial credit and the new grade will be circled. However, please check your child’s work after it is completed.
Reading Logs will be sent home on Mondays in your child’s binder. Students should read the required minutes, complete the front and back of the reading log, and get a parent/guardian signature once complete. Following are the reading requirements:
1st Trimester = 1oo minutes
2nd Trimester = 120 minutes
3rd Trimester = 140 minutes
Spelling lists will be sent home on Mondays. Spelling tests will usually be on the following Friday. Spelling homework will be sent home on Mondays and is due on Friday of that week. Practice writing and spelling the words at home daily. Students who have spelled every word correct on the pretest are exempt from the Spelling homework and test for that week.
Students may have other work to complete in addition to those assignments above. As always, contact me if you have a question in regards to student assignments.
An extra fun learning task to connect your learning at school to home and the outside world.
Find examples of people in your every day life who have left their mark on the world in a positive way. Create a list of these people and be inspired!
- Stools for flexible seating: https://www.amazon.com/Norwood-Commercial-Furniture-NOR-1101AC-SO-Assorted/dp/B01C35K6AS?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_15&th=1
- New or gently used chapter books to be used for our classroom library – would especially like some holiday themed books, as well as other topics
- Rug for our library reading area: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5JGVXM/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?pd_rd_i=B01D5JGV00&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f52e26da-1287-4616-824b-efc564ff75a4&pf_rd_r=EGNR1P37NZ1SXRH4PA32&pd_rd_wg=AuH5I&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=KjqEq&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=5842edb3-d98c-11e8-9665-8df9d4ca2866&th=1
- School House gift cards – to purchase classroom supplies
- Barnes and Noble gift cards – to purchase classroom books
Thanks for your generous donations!