- We have reached the mid-point of the second trimester. Grades are up-to-date and being reviewed. Please double-check grades for missing work and/or low scores. I will be sending out communication informing parents of low grades and present a few options for students to bring the grade back up.
- We will be working on assessing where we are at with MAP test goals and the action plans chosen to help us reach that goal in the next week or so.
- Science World [11/20 Issue] worksheet (Due: MON 12/11)
- “Absolute Zero” video journal page *Participation (Due: FRI 12/8)
- Study for test on Chapter 2 “Intro to Matter” (Due: TUE 12/5)
- “Changes In Matter” wkst (Due: WED 11/29)
- Ch. 2 Study Guide (Due: MON 12/4)
- Read pp50-55 and answer questions on p55 *Participation (Due: TUE 11/28)
Each student has been supplied with a planner notebook. Please check the planner daily for any homework assignments and due dates. All middle school staff will be concentrating on the paper planner at the start of the school to help each student develop a daily routine of writing in and checking their planners. Teachers will give time at the end of each class and during study hall to update them.
Please also check Google Classroom for more details. Students are also required to check their emails at a minimum of twice each day for additional homework details and reminders.
Important Documents & Handouts
- 6th Grade Syllabus 2017 – 2018 (class description, expectations, rules, grading, and general policy information)
- Middle School Expectations 2017 – 2018
- Lab Safety Contract (must be signed & returned before permitted to do lab work)
- Current Science Handout(expectations and instructions for completing this assignment)
- Trimester Reward Policy
Science World Online Magazine *Click on “Student Sign In” then enter class code.
Rock candy recipe (used in “Solutions” unit)
- SAFETY GOGGLES – Every student is expected to use safety goggles in the lab when the materials used require this safety precaution. I keep extra pairs of goggles in the lab but ask students to purchase their own pair for sanitary reasons. If students use a pair from the lab, they are responsible for cleaning and returning them. Where can you purchase your own pair? The School House and Wal-Mart are two stores that I know carry the correct type of safety goggles. If you are at Wal-Mart, you will find them in the back area of the store by the painting supplies section. It important that the goggles protect the area around the eye completely, so make sure to purchase a pair that is coded ANSI-Z87. A pair will cost about $4 at Wal-Mart.
- NEED HELP STUDYING? Download “FLASHCARDS+” This is an app for smartphones like i-Phone or Droid that gives you access to tons of pre-made flashcard sets. Best of all, the app is FREE! Download it on your smartphone (or your parents’ with permission) and start studying!
- To be determined. Please check back for an update or feel free to email me. Thanks!