- The students have begun work on setting a goal for the spring MAP test and choosing an action plan to help them meet that goal. Each student reviewed a minimum of three resources that might be helpful to use toward meeting that goal. I will be reviewing the goals and action plans for each student, and the process will then continue with Language Arts, Reading, and Math. Look for their goals and action plans form to come home soon for review and a parent’s signature. As we then move toward the spring testing session, we will have a few check-ins to continue work toward the goal and assess how well the action plan is working for each student.
- Science World [11/20 Issue] worksheet (Due: MON 12/11)
- Study for Ch.4 Quiz (Due: THUR 12/ 7)
- pp139-140 #1-20 *Participation (Due: WED 12/6)
- Complete the “Make the Right Call” lab *Participation (Due: FRI 12/1)
- Read pp118-123 and complete “Probability & Heredity” wkst (Due: WED 11/29)
- Study for Vocabulary Quiz – words from p110 are posted in Google Classroom (Due: TUE 11/28)
Each student has been supplied with a planner notebook. Please check the planner daily for any homework assignments and due dates. All middle school staff will be concentrating on the paper planner at the start of the school to help each student develop a daily routine of writing in and checking their planners. Teachers will give time at the end of each class and during study hall to update them.
Please also check Google Classroom for more details. Students are also required to check their emails at a minimum of twice each day for additional homework details and reminders.
Important Documents & Handouts
- 7th Grade Syllabus 2017 – 2018 (class description, expectations, rules, grading, and general policy information)
- Middle School Expectations 2017 – 2018
- Lab Safety Contract (must be signed & returned before permitted to do lab work)
- Current Science Handout (expectations and instructions for completing this assignment)
- Trimester Reward Policy
Science World Online Magazine *Click on “Student Sign In” then enter class code
Lemmings (an online video game requiring creative thinking and problem-solving skills and featuring the character used in the heredity project)
- SAFETY GOGGLES – Every student is expected to use safety goggles in the lab when the materials used require this safety precaution. I keep extra pairs of goggles in the lab but ask students to purchase their own pair for sanitary reasons. If students use a pair from the lab, they are responsible for cleaning and returning them. Where can you purchase your own pair? The School House and Wal-Mart are two stores that I know carry the correct type of safety goggles. If you are at Wal-Mart, you will find them in the back area of the store by the painting supplies section. It important that the goggles protect the area around the eye completely, so make sure to purchase a pair that is coded ANSI-Z87. A pair will cost about $4 at Wal-Mart.
- NEED HELP STUDYING? Download “FLASHCARDS+” This is an app for smartphones like i-Phone or Droid that gives you access to tons of pre-made flashcard sets. Best of all, the app is FREE! Download it on your smartphone (or your parents’ with permission) and start studying!
- Wisconsin Fast Plant growing light houses