Week of January 15-18, 2018
We had fun last week cooperating and following directions to make our creative snowmen!
Tuesdays are Spirit Days. Students may wear their Notre Dame spirit shirt with uniform pants.
Library is on Wednesdays. Please help your First Grader remember to bring back his/her library book on Wednesdays.
Our theme for the school year is:
S.M.I.L.E. ~ See Miracles In Life Everyday
Homework in First Grade consists of Math worksheets, Independent Reading Books, Sight words, and Spelling.
Math worksheets will be coming home on almost a daily basis. Please have your child complete the homework with the designated Homework Helper. Your child should return the completed math homework to school the next school day.
Independent Reading Books will be sent home with your child in a Ziploc bag. Please take the time to listen to your child read the IRB, ask comprehension questions, and fill out the enclosed sheet with your signature and comments. When your child brings the book and signed comment sheet back to school, he/she will receive another book to take home.
Sight words will be sent home for your child to practice. Once your child can read all of the words in the set, he/she will receive a new set of words. There are 11 sets in all.
Spelling lists will be sent home on Fridays. Spelling tests will usually be on the following Friday. Practice writing and spelling the words.
**Together with your child, please check his/her take home folder daily for homework, forms, and completed/checked work. Return completed homework and necessary forms to school the next day in your child’s take home folder. Reviewing the completed/checked work is a great way to talk with your child about what he/she is learning at school.
Click “A Sneak Peek At Our Week” (above) for details of upcoming events!
- Received ~ Thank you!!! Light Up Globe – https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-Illuminated-World/dp/B074PF992K/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1505504044&sr=8-8&keywords=light+up+globe+for+kids
- Received ~ Thank you!!! 2 boxes of plastic spoons
- New or gently used books to be used for our classroom library – especially Easter, Valentines, Thanksgiving, health, community, transportation
- Dollar Tree gift cards – to purchase STREAM materials
- School House gift cards – to purchase classroom supplies
- Barnes and Noble gift cards – to purchase classroom books
Thanks for your generous donations!