Welcome to Ms. Gilson’s Kindergarten!
Welcome to Kindergarten!! I am SO excited to have begun another school year with another amazing group of kindergartners!
Here are some important documents you’ve received already, in one easy-to-find place 🙂
Weekly Newsletter –The Kindergarten Connection 4-19-18
Here are some of our most recent projects!
We love to celebrate in kindergarten! We will be having classroom celebrations for All Saint’s Day, Jesus’ Birthday, Valentine’s Day, and the 100th Day of School.
Please visit this Sign-Up Genius link to sign up to bring one item to a party (a healthy treat, sweet treat, drink, and non-food treat).
We hope that the kindergartners can read 20 minutes each night! Studies show that a student who reads 20 minutes per day will read 3600 minutes per school year and is exposed to 1,800,000 words! Starting this habit early on in kindergarten will also help your children be more likely to continue the habit while older.
ABCya – fun games and great for mouse skills!
Sight Word practice ideas! Sight word games for home
Dr. Seuss fun! Seussville
Literacy fun! Starfall
Scholastic Book Order website – class activation code: JBV26
- April 18 – Muffins for Moms 7-8AM
- April 24 – Math MAP test
- April 26 – Reading MAP test
- May 4 – 11:30 Early Release
- May 4 – 4K/K Preview Day
- May 4-11 – Book Fair in ES gym
- May 18 – NEW Zoo field trip
- May 28 – Memorial Day – No School
- May 31 – Kindergarten Graduation 2:00
- June 1 – End of Year Picnic 9:30-12:30
- June 4 – Classroom cleaning day
- June 5 – Movie/classroom campout day
- June 6 – Last day of school! 10:30 release
- School House gift cards
- Amazon gift cards
- Extra snacks for the classroom
- Barnes and Noble gift cards for books for our class
- Stickers – seasonal, reward, scented, etc.
- Paper for the kids to draw and make art projects with
- Various art supplies, such as cotton balls, glitter, pipe cleaners, stickers, stampers, tissue paper, q-tips, stencils, fun/unique markers, etc.
- Paper plates
We loved visiting Happy Joe’s and learning how pizza is made!
Dr. Seuss fun!
Our 3rd annual kindergarten Family Reading Pajama Party was a huge success!! We collected 50 pairs of pajamas to donate and had a fantastic time!
We celebrated All Saints Day with a class party! We played “saints musical chairs”, saints BINGO, pin the flower on Saint Therese and “fishing for saints”.
We carved a pumpkin! The kids scooped out the pulp and sorted the pulp from the seeds. We voted on which shapes to use to make the face. And then we sorted the seeds into groups of 10 and counted 207 seeds!
We LOVED Grandparents Day!! It was so special to be able to spend time with our grandparents at school 🙂
To help us get ready for the Living Rosary, the kindergartners made their own “mini rosaries” and practiced praying the Hail Mary!
We met our third grade reading buddies today!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom art projects! We glued Alphabits cereal onto Chicka trees 🙂
Fun on the first day of school!