Welcome to Ms. Gilson’s Kindergarten!
Welcome to Kindergarten!! We are off to a GREAT start! Please refer back to this site throughout the year for important information, dates, documents, and of course, lots of pictures 🙂
We love to celebrate in kindergarten! We will be having classroom celebrations for All Saint’s Day, Jesus’ Birthday, Valentine’s Day, and the 100th Day of School.
All Saints Classroom Celebration – classroom – November 1 @ 1:30pm
Family Reading Pajama Party – classroom – November 30 @ 6-7:30pm – families are invited
Kindergarten Christmas Program – elementary gym – December 18 @ 2pm – families are invited
Jesus’s Birthday Celebration – classroom – December 20 @ 1:30pm
100th Day of School – classroom – early February @ 1:30pm
Valentine’s Day Party – classroom – February 14 @ 1:30pm
Dr. Suess Classroom Celebration – classroom – March 8 @ 1:30pm (students only)
Kindergarten Graduation – elementary gym – May 31 @ 2:00pm – families are invited
End of Year Picnic – Legion Park – June 3 @ 9:30-12:30pm
All families are asked to sign up for TWO items for a party or event. Here is the link to the Sign-Up Genius page: Ms. Gilson’s Class Parties
We hope that the kindergartners can read 20 minutes each night! Studies show that a student who reads 20 minutes per day will read 3600 minutes per school year and is exposed to 1,800,000 words! Starting this habit early on in kindergarten will also help your children be more likely to continue the habit while older.
ABCya – fun games and great for mouse skills!
Sight Word practice ideas! Sight word games for home
Dr. Seuss fun! Seussville
Literacy fun! Starfall
Scholastic Book Order website – class activation code: JBV26 – I will be sending home Scholastic Book Orders every other month, however, books can be ordered online at any time!
- December 10 – School Christmas event 4:30-6:30
- December 13 – All School Christmas Concert 1:00 and 6:30PM
- December 18 – Kindergarten Christmas Program 2:00 PM
- December 20 – Jesus’s Birthday Class party 1:30 PM
- December 24-January 1 – Christmas Break – NO SCHOOL
- Here is a link to an ongoing/updated Amazon wish list
- School House gift cards
- Amazon gift cards
- Extra snacks for the classroom
- Barnes and Noble gift cards for books for our class
- Stickers – seasonal, reward, scented, etc.
- Paper for the kids to draw and make art projects with
- Various art supplies, such as cotton balls, glitter, pipe cleaners, stickers, stampers, tissue paper, q-tips, stencils, fun/unique markers, etc.
Another successful Family Reading Pajama Party!!
Father Michael visited us to talk to us about Mass!
Our All Saints Day class party was a lot of fun! The kids played a Saints BINGO game, “fished” for Saints, played “Pin the flower on St. Therese”, and colored an All Saints Day picture.
Here is our field trip to the fire station!
We loved going on a fall walk! The students were scientists who observed and recorded the signs of fall 🙂