Welcome to Ms. Gilson’s Kindergarten!
Welcome to Kindergarten!! I am SO excited to begin another school year with a new group of kindergartners! Please refer back to this site throughout the year for important information, dates, documents, and of course, lots of pictures 🙂
In this section you’ll have quick access to the following:
Show and Share Schedule
Here are some of our favorite projects from last year! Take a look to get a taste of some of the fun things we’ll be doing this year!
We love to celebrate in kindergarten! We will be having classroom celebrations for All Saint’s Day, Jesus’ Birthday, Valentine’s Day, and the 100th Day of School.
As the year gets underway, our class’s homeroom parents will help me create a list of all the party dates, and a sign up to bring treats/drinks/etc. to all of the parties.
We hope that the kindergartners can read 20 minutes each night! Studies show that a student who reads 20 minutes per day will read 3600 minutes per school year and is exposed to 1,800,000 words! Starting this habit early on in kindergarten will also help your children be more likely to continue the habit while older.
ABCya – fun games and great for mouse skills!
Sight Word practice ideas! Sight word games for home
Dr. Seuss fun! Seussville
Literacy fun! Starfall
Scholastic Book Order website – class activation code: JBV26 – I will be sending home Scholastic Book Orders every other month, however, books can be ordered online at any time!
- September 25 – Math MAP test
- September 27 – Reading MAP test
- September 28 – 11:30 Early Release
- 28-Oct. 5 – Book fair in ES gym
- October 3 – Grandparents’ Day
- October 5 – Dress-down Day
- October 10 – Fire Station Field Trip
- October 15 – Packer dress-down day
- October 18 – Mulberry Lane Farm Field Trip
- October 19 – Fall Fest
- October 23 – Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-8:00
- October 25 – 11:30 Early Release – P/T Conferences 1:00-6:00
- October 26 – No School
- Here is a link to an ongoing/updated Amazon wish list
- School House gift cards
- Amazon gift cards
- Extra snacks for the classroom
- Barnes and Noble gift cards for books for our class
- Stickers – seasonal, reward, scented, etc.
- Paper for the kids to draw and make art projects with
- Various art supplies, such as cotton balls, glitter, pipe cleaners, stickers, stampers, tissue paper, q-tips, stencils, fun/unique markers, etc.
Will add pictures as we begin our school year!