Welcome to Ms. Gilson’s Kindergarten!
Welcome to Kindergarten!! I am SO excited to have begun another school year with another amazing group of kindergartners!
Here are some important documents you’ve received already, in one easy-to-find place 🙂
Weekly Newsletter –The Kindergarten Connection 1-18-18
Here are two of our most recent projects!
We love to celebrate in kindergarten! We will be having classroom celebrations for All Saint’s Day, Jesus’ Birthday, Valentine’s Day, and the 100th Day of School.
Please visit this Sign-Up Genius link to sign up to bring one item to a party (a healthy treat, sweet treat, drink, and non-food treat).
ABCya – fun games and great for mouse skills!
Sight Word practice ideas! Sight word games for home
Dr. Seuss fun! Seussville
Literacy fun! Starfall
Scholastic Book Order website – class activation code: JBV26
- Jan. 19 – NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 2 – 100th day of school! (Unless we have a snow day J)
- Feb. 9 – No school
- Feb. 14 – Valentine’s Day class party 1:30
- March 2 – Early release 11:30
- March 12-16 – Spring Break
- School House gift cards
- Amazon gift cards
- Extra snacks for the classroom
- Barnes and Noble gift cards for books for our class
- Stickers – seasonal, reward, scented, etc.
- Paper for the kids to draw and make art projects with
- Various art supplies, such as cotton balls, glitter, pipe cleaners, stickers, stampers, tissue paper, q-tips, stencils, fun/unique markers, etc.
- Paper plates
Our 3rd annual kindergarten Family Reading Pajama Party was a huge success!! We collected 50 pairs of pajamas to donate and had a fantastic time!
We celebrated All Saints Day with a class party! We played “saints musical chairs”, saints BINGO, pin the flower on Saint Therese and “fishing for saints”.
We carved a pumpkin! The kids scooped out the pulp and sorted the pulp from the seeds. We voted on which shapes to use to make the face. And then we sorted the seeds into groups of 10 and counted 207 seeds!
We LOVED Grandparents Day!! It was so special to be able to spend time with our grandparents at school 🙂
To help us get ready for the Living Rosary, the kindergartners made their own “mini rosaries” and practiced praying the Hail Mary!
We met our third grade reading buddies today!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom art projects! We glued Alphabits cereal onto Chicka trees 🙂
Fun on the first day of school!