Welcome to Mrs. Cramer’s First Grade
First grade is a very important and challenging year for your child. Together we can make it an exciting, happy, and rewarding year. Our school theme this year is:
FROG – “Fully Rely on God”
Throughout the year I will encourage the students to praise God as we work with the Spirit, and celebrate with one another – spiritually, academically, and socially. I will remind them to follow God’s example as we care for ourselves and others. Together we will celebrate: FROG – “Fully Rely on God”
Each morning along with saying our morning prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance we will say our Friendship Pledge and our Mission Statement.
Try your best in all you do-
Reading, math, and sports, too.
Be a leader every day.
By what you do and what you say.
Be a good sport, have some fun,
Show respect and value to everyone!
The Notre Dame community successfully engages the whole child through experiential learning to make them stronger in mind, body and soul.
Homework in first grade for the first quarter consists of independent reading books and practicing sight words. Your child will bring home their independent reading book in a Ziploc bag and should be returned in that bag. There will also be a Parent Comment sheet enclosed with each book. Please make sure to sign the sheet and give me your input. We will have weekly spelling tests starting the middle of September. The words will come home on Friday and the test will be on Friday.
Thank you for all your support.
Read All About Us
Unit 7 – Test November 16th: than, am, ran, man, can, jam, from, have, does, sheep, turkey
* No spelling test the week of November 19th due to the short week.
Unit 8 – Test November 30th: dogs, webs, bells, nuts, tops, kids, do, are, were, Mass, thanks
Unit 9 – Test December 7th: pups, nets, naps, chips, socks, bugs, who, what, when, Advent, wreath
Unit 10 – Test December 14th: locks, shuts, tells, wins, runs, quits, where, there, here, Mary, manger
This is a site for practicing math facts.
This site has a variety of activities for the students
Power School Website: https://powerschool.gbdioc.org/Public
(where you can check your child’s grades, assignments, lunch balance, etc.)
- Wednesday, November 21st: 11:30 Early Dismissal
- Wednesday, November 21st: End of the 1st Trimester
- Thursday-Friday, November 22nd-23rd: No School – Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, November 28th: First Grade Mass at St. Francis at 8:35
- Friday, November 30th: Report Cards are sent home
- Thursday, December 13th: 1:00 Dress Rehearsal for our Elementary School Christmas Concert in the middle school gym
- Thursday, December 13th: 6:30 Elementary School Christmas Concert in the middle school gym
- December 24th- January 1st
- Wednesday, January 2nd Classes resumes
- Gift cards to Barnes and Nobles for independent reading books/guided reading book
- Gift cards to the School House