Welcome to Mrs. Cramer’s First Grade
First grade is a very important and challenging year for your child. Together we can make it an exciting, happy, and rewarding year. Our school theme this year is:
FROG – “Fully Rely on God”
Throughout the year I will encourage the students to praise God as we work with the Spirit, and celebrate with one another – spiritually, academically, and socially. I will remind them to follow God’s example as we care for ourselves and others. Together we will celebrate: FROG – “Fully Rely on God”
Each morning along with saying our morning prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance we will say our Friendship Pledge and our Mission Statement.
Try your best in all you do-
Reading, math, and sports, too.
Be a leader every day.
By what you do and what you say.
Be a good sport, have some fun,
Show respect and value to everyone!
The Notre Dame community successfully engages the whole child through experiential learning to make them stronger in mind, body and soul.
Homework in first grade for the first quarter consists of independent reading books and practicing sight words. Your child will bring home their independent reading book in a Ziploc bag and should be returned in that bag. There will also be a Parent Comment sheet enclosed with each book. Please make sure to sign the sheet and give me your input. We will have weekly spelling tests starting the middle of September. The words will come home on Friday and the test will be on Friday.
Thank you for all your support.
Read All About Us
Unit 1 – Test September 28th: yes, map, lit, job, fix, quit, a, the, and, God, plant
Unit 2 – Test October 5th: red, fox, nap, him, pet, but, is, of, his, Bible, autumn
Unit 3 – Test October 12th: chin, with, luck, much, wish, shed, as, has, into, pray, safety
Unit 4 – Test October 19th: quick, path, whip, shock, neck, chat, or, for, she, Father, leaves
This is a site for practicing math facts.
This site has a variety of activities for the students
Power School Website: https://powerschool.gbdioc.org/Public
(where you can check your child’s grades, assignments, lunch balance, etc.)
- Wednesday, September 26th: Math MAP Test
- Friday, September 28th: 11:30 Early Dismissal
- Wednesday, October 3rd: First Grade Mass/Grandparents’ Day at 8:35 at St. Francis
- Wednesday, October 3rd: 12:15 Field Trip to Hillside Apple Orchard
- Monday, October 8th: Living Rosary at 8:30 in the middle school gym
- Friday, October 19th: Fall Fest
- Tuesday, October 23rd: 4:00-8:00 Conferences
- Thursday, October 25th: 11:30 Early Dismissal
- Thursday, October 25th: 1:00-6:00 Conferences
- Friday, October 26th: No School
- Gift cards to Barnes and Nobles for independent reading books/guided reading book
- Gift cards to the School House