Welcome to Mrs. Cramer’s First Grade
First grade is a very important and challenging year for your child. Together we can make it an exciting, happy, and rewarding year. Our school theme this year is:
FROG – “Fully Rely on God”
Throughout the year I will encourage the students to praise God as we work with the Spirit, and celebrate with one another – spiritually, academically, and socially. I will remind them to follow God’s example as we care for ourselves and others. Together we will celebrate: FROG – “Fully Rely on God”
Each morning along with saying our morning prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance we will say our Friendship Pledge and our Mission Statement.
Try your best in all you do-
Reading, math, and sports, too.
Be a leader every day.
By what you do and what you say.
Be a good sport, have some fun,
Show respect and value to everyone!
The Notre Dame community successfully engages the whole child through experiential learning to make them stronger in mind, body and soul.
Homework in first grade for the first quarter consists of independent reading books and practicing sight words. Your child will bring home their independent reading book in a Ziploc bag and should be returned in that bag. There will also be a Parent Comment sheet enclosed with each book. Please make sure to sign the sheet and give me your input. We will have weekly spelling tests starting the middle of September. The words will come home on Friday and the test will be on Friday.
Thank you for all your support.
Read All About Us
Unit 15-B – Test February 8th: dress, lunch, just, brush, mend, golf, where, some, number, cross, dentist
Unit 16 – Test Thursday February 14th: plan, flat, west, such, clap, shelf, say, says, too, holy, shadow
Unit 17 – Test February 22nd: gift, snaps, frogs, class, just, went, see, between, each, bless, love
Unit 18 – Test March 1st: slept, trust, grand, print, swing, blend, bring, many, any, serve, Christ
This is a site for practicing math facts.
This site has a variety of activities for the students
Power School Website: https://powerschool.gbdioc.org/Public
(where you can check your child’s grades, assignments, lunch balance, etc.)
- Thursday, March 7th: Conferences from 4:00-8:00
- Friday, March 1st: Full day of school
- Friday, March 1st: End of the Second Trimester
- Friday, March 8th: 11:30 Early Dismissal
- Friday, March 8th: Conferences from 12:30-3:00
- March 9th-March 17th: Spring Break
- Wednesday, March 20th:Donuts for Dad 7:00-8:00 in the elementary gym-followed by Mass at Saint Francis
- Gift cards to Barnes and Nobles for independent reading books/guided reading book
- Gift cards to the School House
- 4 Classroom Select NeoRok ($78.81 for each stool – 3 Red and 1 Imperial blue) 5-1546366-030 – 18 1/2 in https://www.schoolspecialty.com