Welcome to Mrs. Cramer’s First Grade
First grade is a very important and challenging year for your child. Together we can make it an exciting, happy, and rewarding year. Our school theme this year is: SMILE – “See Miracles in Life Everyday.”
Throughout the year I will encourage the students to praise God as we work with the Spirit, and celebrate with one another – spiritually, academically, and socially. I will remind them to follow God’s example as we care for ourselves and others. Together we will celebrate: SMILE – “See Miracles in Life Everyday .”
Each morning along with saying our morning prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance we will say our Friendship Pledge and our Mission Statement.
Try your best in all you do-
Reading, math, and sports, too.
Be a leader every day.
By what you do and what you say.
Be a good sport, have some fun,
Show respect and value to everyone!
Notre Dame School of De Pere develops young minds into future leaders of the Catholic Faith and the community.
Homework in first grade for the first quarter consists of independent reading books and practicing sight words. Your child will bring home their independent reading book in a Ziploc bag and should be returned in that bag. There will also be a Parent Comment sheet enclosed with each book. Please make sure to sign the sheet and give me your input. We will have weekly spelling tests starting the middle of September. The words will come home on Friday and the test will be on Friday.
Thank you for all your support.
Read All About Us
Unit 15 Test-Jan. 26th: help, milk, stop, swim, went, drum, her, over, number, Church, Catholic
Unit 15-B Test-Feb.2: dress, lunch, just, brush, mend, golf, where, some, number, cross, dentist
Unit 16 Test-Thursday, Feb. 8: plan flat west such clap shelf say says too holy shadow
Unit 17 Test-Feb. 16: gift, snaps, frogs, class, just, went, see, between, each, bless, love
Unit 18 Test-Feb. 23: slept, trust, grand, print, swing, blend, bring, many, any, serve, Christ
Unit 19 Test-March 2: plants, blends, brings, drinks, splits, stings, how, now, down, ashes, Lent
Unit 20 Test-Thursday, March 8: blended, stinging, printed, blinking, rented, twisting, out, about, our, follow, outside
This is a site for practicing math facts.
This site has a variety of activities for the students
- Friday, January 19th: No School – Staff In-service
- Week of January 28th is Catholic Schools Week
- Sunday January 28th: 9:00 Mass at St. Francis 10:00 to 1:00 School-wide Open House Complimentary breakfast will be served in our elementary school gym
- Wednesday, January 31st: First grade Mass at St. Francis at 8:35
- Friday, February 9th: No School – Staff In-Service
- Tuesday, February 13th: Valentine’s Day Party (February 14th is Ash Wednesday)
- Wednesday, February 14th: Ash Wednesday Mass at St. Francis at 8:35
- Gift cards to Barnes and Nobles for independent reading books/guided reading book
- Gift cards to the School House